1 Acknowledgement Of Terms and Adoption Agreement
1) I will provide fresh food and water as well as dry and clean shelter for the adopted dog at all times
2) I will provide shelter from weather any time the adopted dog is outside in heat, cold, or any weather condition that may endanger health
3) I will not chain the adopted dog to a dog house, building, or any object
4) I will not house the adopted dog in a garage, dog house, or any type of outbuilding
5) I will not keep the adopted dog in a crate, kennel, or other small space (bathroom,etc.) for more than 8 hours a day (exception being when the adopter is not home)
6) The adopted dog is not to be left unattended with small children at any time
7) My adopted dog will not be trained nor encouraged as personal protection in an aggressive manner
8) I will refrain from physical abuse of my adopted dog and from otherwise treating the dog in an inhumane manner. If it is determined at any time that there is any form of abuse to the adopted dog, ActNow Rescue reserves the right to legally remove the dog from your possession, without financial reimbursement of any kind or attempted resistance from the adopter.
9) I agree to notify rescuer of any change of address or environment that will affect the adopted dog, or any complaint, reported to animal control, arising from said guardianship of the animal
10) In the event of health or behavioral issues, I will provide expedient and appropriate professional help for my adopted dog 2
11) The adoption donation is not a fee or sale price, but a donation to defer some veterinary costs. There will be no refunds after 5 days of official adoption. If the adopted dog is not working out, at any time, you will contact ActNow Rescue to make arrangements for said dogs return.
12) Shots records, vet records, microchip tag and form, will be mailed out after the 5 day grace period.
13) ActNow Rescue is not responsible for medical issues that arise after 10 days of the official adoption. During the first 10 days, if an underlying medical issue should arise, please contact the rescue at 314- 605-1497 , and the pet must be taken to one of our approved vets in order for ActNow to pay the bill. If you choose to take your adopted dog to your own vet, we will not cover the fee.
14) In the event a check comes back due to insufficient funds, or stopped payment, a service charge of $25 (plus all bank charges) will be assessed to the adopter and full payment (initial amount of the check plus all fees) will be due in the form of cash or bank check within 5 business days or a civil suit will be filed in the St.Louis County Circuit Court. By signing the below, I certify that I have read and agree to all of the terms (numbered 1-14) above, as well as all of the information provided to ActNow Rescue in my application. If any information I have given is found to be false, my adoption will be void and I will be required to return the animal to ActNow Rescue within 24 hours.
Leave this empty:
Your legal name
Signed by Michelle Losh
Signed On: February 3, 2019
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: ADOPTION CONTRACT
Agree & Sign